Sunday, September 16, 2012

How could Kayne benefit from Google Analytics?

Google Analytics...what the hell is that? I just found out myself. Its a free service provided by Google that tracks information that pertains to a website such as the number of page views, web site clicks, and will even tell you what search engine a visitor found your website through. All this information can be analyzed so that users can make more informed decisions regarding where to advertise online and what parts of their website are successful and which ones aren't.

OK. So how does this pertain to Kanye? I'll give him credit, when you type his name in Google, his website IS the first to pop up (There's an AdWords feature Google Analytics offers that would show him what key words to use to make his website come first, but apparently he's figured that out already). Now Kanye's overall website sucks. There are hyperlinks you can click on to view other content, but you don't know what your about to see until its loads. Even then I had no clue what I was looking at. The website is supposed to sell products as well, and if Kanye's marketing team was using Google Analytics, they would be able to track all the non placed orders from their page. The would also be able to track the high click and bounce rates. They would be able to see all the people coming to the website, aimlessly clicking around trying to find something interesting...and use this information to grasp an idea of how many people left the website without purchasing music or whatever else he sells there that I couldn't find.

Moral of the story: Kanye needs to hire someone to run his site that has heard of Google Analytics...or at least knows how to build a functional website.

Erin R

No comments:

Post a Comment